Monday, December 17, 2012

(ON MINDFULNESS AND FULL AWARENESS WHICH ARE CONDUCIVE TO NIBBANA) by Bhante Pemasiri

Another wonderful talk, need not observe every action, but the mind! (ON MINDFULNESS AND FULL AWARENESS WHICH ARE CONDUCIVE TO NIBBANA)
To my dhamma friend Jane, 

Hi Jane,
Hope you are dong well.
I just listened the full video talk of Bhante Pemasiri on sati, Sampajanna and Nibbana. That is so precious! You sent me the link a couple of month ago.
I too learnt real Sati and I have to change my way of teaching Sathi to people from now onward. He is correct, I can see in the beginning of the Satipatthana Sutta that the Buddha says you need to have these qualities: "ātāpī sampajāno satimā, vineyya loke abhijjhādomanassaṃ" means, ardent, al
ert, & mindful — putting aside covetousness & distress with reference to the world..."
Oh! my Buddha, this is what I thought I knew, but I didn't know it yet even though I could understand the entire satipaṭṭhāna sutta on my own.
Only from Bhante's talk, I came to know that sati is not just awareness- and this awareness never help you as long you understand the wholesome dhammas of sati and Sampajanna that are to say in the pure sense - resemble to Nibbana.
Thank you for sending me great Dhamma!
:)

Bhante

No comments:

Post a Comment